My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
City Council Minutes 2008 04 15
PORTAL
>
CITY COUNCIL RECORDS
>
MINUTES (45.090)
>
2008 City Council Minutes
>
City Council Minutes 2008 04 15
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
3/11/2021 2:44:26 PM
Creation date
10/14/2008 3:15:49 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
City Council Records
Doc Type
City Council Minutes
Signed Date
4/15/2008
Original Hardcopy Storage
7D4
Supplemental fields
Test
CCMIN 2008 04 15
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
10
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
City Council <br />Meeting Minutes <br />April 15, 2008 <br />Page 4 of 10 <br />Councilor Muckle asked if the bus route impact on the Louisville FasTrack <br />Station had been evaluated. Mr. Gerstle stated they will evaluate the ability to <br />connect the bus route to the commuter light rail station. <br />Mayor Sisk asked what it costs to ride the Lynx and whether transfers will be <br />honored. Mr. Gerstle stated the fare is $1.75 and transfers would be honored. <br />Mayor Sisk voiced his appreciation to the County for working with RTD and US <br />36 Mobility Group to offer the two-year Lynx Route project. <br />RESOLUTION No. 15, SERIES 2008 - A RESOLUTION DESIGNATING THE <br />JANNUCCI HOUSE, 1116 LAFARGE AVENUE, AN HISTORIC LANDMARK - <br />Public hearing <br />Mayor Sisk opened the public: hearing and requested a Staff presentation. <br />Public Relations Manager Meredyth Muth explained Resolution No. 15, 2008, <br />approves the application to designate the Jannucci House, located at 1116 <br />LaFarge Avenue, as a historic landmark. The single family residence was built in <br />1908 and has served only two families since its construction. It was owned by <br />Italian immigrants Joseph and Philomena Jannucci, who lived in the home until <br />1977 until it was sold to John Leary and Jan Rowen. <br />The Jannucci family had a macaroni factory in the basement where cast iron <br />machinery was used to mix the dough and roll the pasta. A drive shaft, attached <br />to the machinery, extended to the backyard where it engaged a gear system, <br />which was pulled by a horse. <br />The hipped roof, brick home had few alterations over the years and retains a high <br />degree of architectural integrity. A 13'X17' addition was added to the rear of the <br />home in 1912. The house meets the criteria for landmarking set forth in the <br />Preservation Ordinance by its Architectural and Social Significance and was <br />placed on the National Regisi:er of Historic Places in 1986. The Historic <br />Preservation Commission conducted a public hearing on March 19th and <br />forwarded a resolution of support for the application. <br />Mayor Sisk requested an Ap~-licant presentation. <br />John Leary, 1116 LaFarge Avenue, Louisville, CO expressed his thanks for the <br />ordinance, which provides for landmarking of homes and businesses in <br />Louisville. He stated the landmarking of this property establishes a monument to <br />the Janucci's and other immigrant families who built the City. He noted <br />preservation is essential, not only for historic buildings, but for preserving the <br />cultural and social significance for future generations. He stated this year the <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.