Laserfiche WebLink
The layout of the house from the 1948 County Assessor card for 613 Grant appears here: <br />GROUND PLAN SKETCH <br />NOICATI Nl1NeCR STORIEllj <br />FRONT <br />Anna Kochan Mudrock was interviewed at the age of 90 for the July 30, 1980 Louisville Times. The article <br />sheds some light on the history of the house. "The newlywed Mudrocks moved in with John's mother <br />and brothers and sister in a [two -room] house on the same lot where Ann lives today. She has lived <br />there since 1909." This is a reference to 613 Grant, which was Anna's home at the time of the article. <br />She also told the reporter that because the house was so crowded, her husband John G. built a shack for <br />their small family "in the back." They had four children: John, born 1911; Helen, born 1912; Alice, born <br />1915; and Albert, born 1922. <br />Anna Mudrock also was quoted as saying, "We used to bring a bucket of water in from the hydrant <br />every morning and put a dipper in it to drink from. Everybody used the same dipper. Not like today. <br />We've got to have a glass for this one and a glass for that one." <br />Later, when the Mudrock family built a house at 625 Grant, it was said by the family to have been a <br />combination of an old house with a new addition. It is conceivable that the house that John G. Mudrock <br />built behind 613 Grant that was described in the interview with Anna was moved to 625 Grant and <br />formed the original part of that house. Evidence suggests that there was a house at 625 Grant with its <br />own address by around 1915-1920. (It was remodeled in 1950.) This then became the home of John and <br />Mary Mudrak, the parents, and their other children, while 613 Grant continued to be the home of John <br />G. and Anna Mudrock. In 1943, following the death of Mary Mudrak, John G. Mudrock as the <br />administrator of his mother's estate conveyed ownership of 625 Grant to Anna, who then in 1947 <br />4 <br />