My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
725 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
725 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:53 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 8:43:04 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Pleasant Hill Addition
Property Address Number
725
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
11/15/2018
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
7
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
L <br />City <br />Louisville <br />Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />October 2014 <br />COLORADO - SINCE 1878 <br />725 Lincoln Ave. History <br />Legal Description: Lots 5-6 & S 10 ft of Lot 4, Block 9, Pleasant Hill Addition <br />Year of Construction: circa 1900-1904 <br />Summary: This was the home of Martin Black and Lizzie Thirlaway Black. Black lived <br />here for 33 years. He was a union organizer during the coal mine wars of 1910-1914. <br />Several other owners and residents of the house worked in the coal mining industry in <br />Louisville. <br />Orrin T. Welch and the Establishment of the Pleasant Hill Addition <br />The subdivision in which 725 Lincoln is located is the Pleasant Hill Addition. This addition <br />was platted and recorded with Boulder County in 1894 by Orrin T. Welch. Orrin Welch <br />was the half-brother of Charles C. Welch, the prominent Colorado businessman who <br />played the major role in the founding of Louisville and the opening of its first coal mine, <br />the Welch Mine, back in the 1870s. Welch also established the Jefferson Place Addition <br />in Louisville. In the 1890s, Charles Welch was still involved in the development of the <br />town, in this case through the transfer of property to his half-brother, Orrin, in 1893. <br />Swanberger & Elberson Ownership (1904-1915); Discussion of Date of Construction <br />Online County property records showing the dates when deeds were recorded with the <br />County show that Orrin Welch (the half-brother of Charles C. Welch) sold the parcel, <br />consisting of lots 5 and 6, to Lydia Swanberger (spelled as Swamberger in the records) in <br />1904. Also in 1904, Lydia Swanberger granted a deed of trust to McAllister Supply & <br />Lumber Co. In 1908, Lydia Swanberger further acquired Lots 7 & 8 to the south of 725 <br />Lincoln from Jeanette Welch, the wife of Charles C. Welch. <br />Lydia Swanberger was born in Ohio in 1867, and her husband, Fred, was born in Ohio in <br />1865. He worked as a carpenter. In 1905, Fred was a trustee of the Louisville Baptist <br />Church located at 701 Grant, not far from their home at 725 Lincoln. <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.