Laserfiche WebLink
Gibson Family Ownership, 1959 - 1977 <br />Herbert E. Gibson and Furl D. Gibson purchased this parcel from Alvin Fischer in 1959. <br />By all accounts, he then arranged for a historic house to be moved to his property. The <br />building permit was dated 1959, and the County Assessor card indicates that the <br />Assessor considered the work to have been completed in 1960. <br />Boulder County's online Assessor records give 1908 as the date of construction of the <br />house, but the Assessor card completed in 1960 clearly states that the house was <br />moved in from elsewhere. According to a previous owner of the house, she was <br />informed by members of the Gibson family that the house had been moved from <br />Boulder. <br />Herb Gibson (1917-1974) and Furl D. Gibson (1918-2010) then lived at 1300 Lincoln with <br />their large family for several years. They were originally from Ohio, and in 1959 they <br />were living in Superior. Herb Gibson worked in construction and insulation. Local <br />directories show that after Herb Gibson's death in 1974, Furl Gibson continued to live in <br />the house until 1977. <br />The following images show the photo of the house from the 1960 County Assessor card <br />and a ground layout sketch of the house at that time, during the ownership by Herb and <br />Furl Gibson. <br />