My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
844 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
844 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:59 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:35:40 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
844
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
12
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
In adherence with this pattern, the three properties in question were all residential or <br />still contain parts that were residential going far into the second half of the twentieth <br />century. They comprise the last remaining residential structures from either side of the <br />800 block, with the Mossoni House at 836 Main having been the last remaining free- <br />standing residence on either side of the 800 block of Main Street. <br />The three main residential buildings, besides their proximity to one another, also have a <br />common history in terms of the young people who grew up in them and knew one <br />another well. These were mainly Mansueto Pellillo (1911-2006), Ada Pellillo (1912- <br />2014), Evelyn Pellillo (born 1924), Virginia Mossoni (1915-2001), Norman Mossoni <br />(1919-2012), Blossom Henning (1920-2010), and Welcome Henning (1923-2013). Other <br />children associated with the properties were children living with their families at 836 %2 <br />Main as well as the Carnival boys (the grandsons of Lawrence and Marie Mossoni) who <br />grew up at 836 Main. <br />The following 1940s aerial photo from Boulder's Carnegie Library for Local History <br />shows the complex of buildings, including their outbuildings, outlined in red: <br />The following aerial photo from 1962 shows the complex of buildings outlined in red: <br />844 Main Street - Early Owners, 1878-1904 (Nawatny, Mauracher, Wigham, Collins, <br />Klugge); Date of Construction <br />Louis Nawatny transferred this lot in 1879 to George Mauracher. Abraham Wigham <br />acquired it at an unknown date and in 1890 transferred ownership to Patrick Collins and <br />Herman Klugge (also spelled as Kluge). Klugge became the sole owner in 1892 and was <br />the sole owner until 1904. He worked as a coal miner. An 1895 Daily Camera article <br />3 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.