Laserfiche WebLink
estimated dates of construction that the County gives for the other houses on this block of <br />Front, which all fall between 1892 and 1905. Also, 1892 came soon after the Caledonia Place <br />Addition was platted in 1890. <br />Records indicate that until 1984, Lots 5 and 6 of Block 17, which refer to 1013 and 1001 Front, <br />were owned together. <br />After the Caledonia Place Addition was platted in 1890, the first owner of Lots 5 and 6 (1013 <br />and 1001 Front) was William Beamond, who purchased the lots in 1892 and sold them in 1899. <br />He was the English -born superintendent of the nearby Caledonia Mine. <br />The 1909 Drumm's Wall Map of Louisville was drawn to show the blocks and lots in Louisville at <br />that time along with the location of the primary building on each parcel but not the locations or <br />even the existence of secondary buildings or outbuildings. The 1909 Drumm's Wall Map shows <br />the location of the house at 1001 Front, but not the house at 1013 Front. This is explained by <br />the fact that the lots were owned together for several decades, and 1001 Front was evidently <br />viewed as the primary residence on the lots. (It has been found that other parcels known to <br />have multiple buildings located on them in 1909 received similar treatment on the 1909 <br />Drumm's Wall Map.) <br />The following list is of later owners of 1001 Front and 1013 Front (listed with their periods of <br />ownership). Specific evidence of these owners living at 1013 Front St. could not be located in <br />directories or census records. It is possible that 1013 Front was rented out by some of these <br />owners. <br />• J.C. Williams, 1899-1901 <br />• Thomas Hilton, 1901-1907 <br />• Felix Tomeo, 1907-1917 <br />• P. Frazzini, 1917 <br />• Antonio Lucci, 1917-1926 <br />• John Di Donato, 1926-1930 (acquired by Public Trustee's Deed) <br />• Members of the Emmitt family, 1930-1931 (acquired by Sheriff's Deed) <br />• Members of the Di Donato family for the second time, 1931-circa 1937 <br />Del Pizzo Family Ownership & Later History <br />In 1937, Laurina Del Pizzo purchased Lots 5 and 6 from the Boulder County Treasurer. <br />The main residence of Laurina and Nick Del Pizzo was 1000 Main, just to the west of 1001 and <br />1013 Front. Laurina Mancini was born in Italy in 1895 and married Nick Del Pizzo there in 1919. <br />Nick came to Louisville in 1920 and was followed by Laurina and their oldest son, Tony in 1923. <br />2 <br />