My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
1109 Spruce St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Spruce St Address Histories
>
1109 Spruce St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:09:15 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 3:21:24 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
East Louisville
Property Address Number
1109
Property Address Street Name
Spruce
Quality Check
11/15/2018
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
5
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />March 2016 <br />ILZ Cityof <br />Louisville <br />COLORAnO • SINCE 187E <br />1109 Spruce St. History <br />Legal Description: Lots 6 & 7, Block 3, East Louisville <br />Year of Construction: circa 1915 <br />Summary: This house, which has remained the same size for at least 68 years, is located <br />in the Miners Field neighborhood. It was the longtime home of an Italian family by the <br />name of Largo as well as the Junior family that was of French heritage. <br />Development of East Louisville <br />The East Louisville Addition originated with Charles C. Welch, a prominent businessman <br />and figure in Colorado history who started the first coal mine in Louisville and who was <br />the primary person behind the establishment of Louisville as a town. His wife, R. <br />Jeannette Welch, transferred the land to brothers William J. Lee and George A. Lee, who <br />platted the area in 1906, thereby creating the East Louisville Addition. <br />Houses in the East Louisville neighborhood are characterized by their close proximity to <br />Miners Field, a historic ball field dating back to the late 1800s, and to the railroad tracks. <br />Not only is the main railroad line nearby, but a railroad spur cut through from northwest <br />to southeast and defined the edge of East Louisville. The house at 1109 Spruce is even <br />today close to Miners Field and was located very close to the railroad spur, which is now <br />gone. This neighborhood historically had a high number of immigrant residents, <br />particularly Italian families. <br />Onorato Family Ownership, 1907-1909 <br />In 1907, the Lee brothers transferred ownership of Lots 6 & 7 to H.A. Howe, who then <br />sold them to Antonio Onorato in 1908. Onorato had been born in Italy in 1858 and had a <br />family that included his wife, Domenico, and four children. The Onorato family also a <br />house in the Little Italy neighborhood at the same time and are believed to have lived <br />there. <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.