My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
533 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
533 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:32 PM
Creation date
8/8/2019 2:00:40 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Acme Place Replat A
Property Address Number
533
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
8/8/2019
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
5
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Bridget Bacon, Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />September 2018 <br />Ex <br />City,)/ <br />Louisville <br />COLORADO • SINCE J 878 <br />533 Lincoln Ave. History <br />Legal Description: Currently — Lot 2, Acme Place Replat A <br />Historically— Lot 10, Block 5, Acme Place <br />Year of Construction: 1935 <br />Summary: Recently widowed, Elsie Giles Thirlaway had this house built in 1935 on her property, <br />which included 537 Lincoln. It is believed that she ran 537 Lincoln as a boardinghouse during <br />the Depression and lived next door at 533 Lincoln. Historical records indicate that from the <br />1940s to the 1990s, 533 Lincoln brought in rental income and/or provided housing for family <br />members for the various owners of 537 Lincoln. The property was divided into two separate <br />parcels in 2004. <br />Development of the Acme Place Subdivision <br />In 1893, John Connell, who had helped to establish the Acme Mine at what is now the corner of <br />Roosevelt and Hutchinson, platted the residential subdivision of Acme Place. It covered what <br />are now the 500 blocks of Lincoln, Grant, Jefferson, and La Farge Avenues. The Acme Place <br />subdivision was only the fourth addition to Original Louisville and was likely developed due to <br />its proximity to the Acme Mine that was started in 1888. The 1909 Drumm's Wall Map of <br />Louisville shows that the 500 blocks of Lincoln and Grant were well populated with houses by <br />1909, but the 500 blocks of Jefferson and La Farge, which were located quite close to the mine <br />and parts of which were within the fenced enclosure, had fewer houses at that time. Boulder <br />County Property records indicate that the land that Connell used to establish Acme Place had <br />been acquired directly from the Acme Coal Mining Company. <br />History of the Entire Original Parcel Containing 533 and 537 Lincoln; Discussion of Date of <br />Construction <br />Lot 10, on which 533 Lincoln was constructed, was part of a parcel made up of Lots 8, 9 and 10. <br />In 1896, John Connell, the developer of the Acme Place subdivision, sold this parcel to Thomas <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.