My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
816 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
816 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:32 PM
Creation date
8/8/2019 2:03:27 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Pleasant Hill Addition
Property Address Number
816
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
8/8/2019
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
5
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
In 1907, Louis Wattelet transferred ownership of the parcel to Leonard Wattelet (1886-1965). <br />Depending on which Louis Wattelet this was, this was either his son or his brother. Leonard Wattelet <br />married Julia LeComte (1890-1973), who was also from one of the area's French families, and they had <br />three children: Herman, born 1909; Wilbert, born 1911; and Elmer, born 1917. <br />It is not clear from the 1910 federal census records whether the listing for Leonard Wattelet and his <br />family in Louisville places them as specifically living in the house at 816 Lincoln at the time of that <br />census, since addresses were not given, but it is possible that they were living there. Residential <br />directories were not created for most of the years that overlap with the period of the Wattelet family's <br />ownership, which makes it difficult to ascertain whether and when Wattelet family members lived in the <br />house. <br />In 1917, Leonard Wattelet sold the property at 816 Lincoln to William Thomas. The 1918 directory for <br />Louisville shows William M. Thomas and his wife, Maria, as very likely living at the 816 Lincoln location, <br />based on the old Louisville address system. In 1919, William Thomas sold the house to Ellen Husband. <br />Husband Family Ownership, 1919-1921 <br />Ellen Buchanan Husband purchased the property at 816 Lincoln in 1919. The 1920 census lists the <br />Husband family to be living in what is strongly believed to be this house at 816 Lincoln (which is, <br />however, not listed by address). They do appear on the list near neighbors known to have been living <br />nearby to 816 Lincoln. At the time, the family consisted of Ellen Buchanan Husband (1878-1931); her <br />husband, Richard Husband (1877-1936); and their children Evelyn (age 15), Nettie (age 9), James (age 6), <br />and Helen (age 8 months). Richard worked as a coal mine superintendent. They next moved to Lafayette <br />after selling this house in 1921. <br />These photos are identified as showing Ellen and Richard Husband at the time of their marriage in 1902. <br />The photos are from a public family tree on Ancestry.com. <br />Hutchinson Family Ownership, 1921-1927 <br />In 1921, Ellen Husband sold 816 Lincoln to John Hutchinson (1848-1931) and Elizabeth Hutchinson <br />(1848-1926). They were among the English families who came to Louisville to work in the early coal <br />mine industry. John Hutchinson worked as a coal mine superintendent at the Rex Mine and likely at <br />other area mines. Records indicate that they came to the U.S. from Yorkshire, England with their first <br />child in about 1871. John worked in coal mines in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Kansas before the family <br />arrived in Louisville by 1890. In Louisville, they were among the founders of the Methodist Church at 741 <br />2 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.