My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
825 Lee St Trott-Downer Cabins 2017__Updated 2021
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lee St Address Histories
>
825 Lee St Trott-Downer Cabins 2017__Updated 2021
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
1/31/2024 11:19:52 AM
Creation date
7/7/2021 2:24:03 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
East Louisville
Property Address Number
825
Property Address Street Name
Lee
Cross-Reference
801 Lee Ave
809 Lee Ave
Quality Check
7/7/2021
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
8
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
In 1918, Jopling's estate sold the lots to Tony D'Orio. He had been born in Italy in about 1878 <br />and was a longtime shoemaker in Louisville. As with Jopling, there is not any evidence that he <br />lived in a structure on the lots. Records show that he lived with his family on Grant Ave. during <br />the time of his ownership of the Tots. <br />Trott Construction and Ownership of Cabins, 1936-1946; Dates of Construction <br />Boulder County Recorder property records indicate that Laura Trott purchased these lots in <br />1936, based on the recording of the deed of trust (mortgage) on the property that year. The <br />actual warranty deed was not recorded until 1940. The Trotts are believed to have been the <br />owners who were responsible for the construction of the cabins. They built four cabins on the <br />lots, all facing Lee Ave. Cabins 3 and 4 were later attached to one another to become one <br />building. There were also additional buildings adding up to several rentals. According to the <br />2000 Architectural Inventory Forms for Cabin #1 and Cabin #2, they were both constructed on <br />Outlot 2. <br />Laura Hendricks Trott (1898-1986) was born in Oklahoma. Her husband, Benjamin "Emmit" <br />Trott (1894-1972) was born in Arkansas. They married in Arkansas in 1914 and had several <br />children. At the time of the 1930 census, they were living in Six Mile, Franklin County, Illinois, <br />which was a coal mining community from which others also came to Louisville. The Trott family <br />arrived in Louisville by 1933 and Emmit Trott opened a junk business on the north side of Pine <br />just east of the railroad tracks. Their property on Pine included the Ernest Grill Lumber building, <br />which they later relocated, and the house that is now 1105 Pine. The 1940 federal census listed <br />him as being the proprietor of a junk business. He is also remembered as having had a hauling <br />business. They purchased this separate parcel on Pine by a deed that was recorded in 1945 and <br />are believed to have also owned other property in East Louisville. <br />3 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.