My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
Historic Preservation Commission Agenda and Packet 2024 03 18
PORTAL
>
BOARDS COMMISSIONS COMMITTEES RECORDS (20.000)
>
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
>
2024 Historic Preservation Commission Agendas and Packets
>
Historic Preservation Commission Agenda and Packet 2024 03 18
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
3/27/2024 1:45:02 PM
Creation date
3/27/2024 11:31:57 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
City Council Records
Meeting Date
3/18/2024
Doc Type
Boards Commissions Committees Records
Text box
ID:
1
Creator:
Created:
3/27/2024 11:32 AM
Modified:
3/27/2024 11:32 AM
Text:
https://www.louisvilleco.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/22206/636831728336330000
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
34
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
CHANGES OVER TIME <br />The property at 936 La Farge Avenue contains a primary structure and detached garage. It is a <br />corner property. The primary structure is a front -gabled, one-story building with no porch. <br />"Stories in Places", a residential historic context for Louisville from 2018, lists the style of the <br />structure as National, a folk form popular between the 1850s and 1930s enabled by the <br />expansion of railroads and access to cheaper lumber, combined with the simple, older forms of <br />previous decades. Many different styles can be applied to it, such as Victorian and Greek <br />Revival. 936 La Farge does not appear to have any additional ornamentation or styling. <br />The 1948 Assessor image (below) is taken from the south on La Farge and shows the front and <br />south facades of the structure. The front door is in the same location as it was in 1948, as is a <br />rear window on the southeast corner of the building. However, the front windows and the side <br />windows have changed in shape and design. The chimney is no longer present. From the north <br />view, on South Street, the windows have also changed, likely as part of the same renovation <br />that changed the south and front windows. There is a rear addition that may be an enclosed <br />porch on the east side. <br />The building permit file shows that there was at least some work done around 1963 on the <br />siding and the "back porch." These changes were all completed prior to 1977 (see 1977 <br />Assessor image below). <br />1948 Assessor image (top), 1977 Assessor image (bottom), and current view (right). <br />3 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.