Laserfiche WebLink
Resource Number: 5BL8036 <br /> Temporary Resource Number: NIA Architectural Inventory Form <br /> (Page 2 of 5) <br /> 21. General Architectural Description 23. Landscape or setting special features: <br /> The Old Louisville Inn is located at the <br /> The Old Louisville Inn is an L-shaped wood-frame structure, Li':1 southeast corner of Front and Spruce Streets, at <br /> supported by a low concrete foundation. Two 3-light hopper the east end of downtown Louisville. The <br /> windows penetrate the foundation near the east end of the north building fronts directly onto a wide concrete <br /> elevation. The exterior walls are painted blue horizontal wood sidewalk paralleling Front Street to the west. A <br /> .,.1.!•.:••: <br /> siding, with painted white 1" by 4" corner boards. The building nicely landscaped planted grass lawn, with a <br /> is covered by a hipped roof with flared eaves, with an intersecting brick paved public sidewalk and seating area,is <br /> gable roof to the east. The roof is covered with black asphalt located to the north of the building. A paved <br /> shingles, and features painted bright green boxed eaves, with an alley, and the Burlington Northern Railroad .? <br /> extended overhang. Two red brick chimneys are located tracks are behind the building to the east. <br /> respectively on the north and south facing roof slopes. Small <br /> gabled dormers, with painted blue fishscale shingles, are located 24. Associated buildings, features, or objects A <br /> on the north and west elevations. The building features a Ma <br /> distinctive entry at the northwest corner. Here, a stained brown <br /> wood-paneled <br /> led door, withleaded-glass . ............... ---------....::::-•--• ........ ....... <br /> Pthree rounded lights, is set -------------------=-�•:�:�:�:jx�:����:::��:_.::::::: ::z:::::::: <br /> below an intersecting gable with a painted bright green dentil <br /> course. A neon sign above the entry door advertises the "Old IV. ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY <br /> Louisville Inn." Another entrance, located on the north elevation, <br /> features a single-light glass-in-wood-frame door, with a leaded 25. Date of Construction: <br /> glass transom light, topped by a painted bright green wood • <br /> Estimate <br /> cornice, with a dentil course. Two single-light fixed-pane windows Actual 1906 <br /> penetrate the wall on the building's west elevation. These <br /> windows are decorated with flower boxes, and are covered by Source of information: <br /> bright green canvas awnings. Above these two windows, a band Boulder County Assessor; Sanborn maps <br /> of six leaded glass transom lights are topped by a painted bright <br /> green wood cornice with a dentil course. Windows on the north <br /> elevation include one set of paired 1/1 double-hung sash, one set 26. Architect: <br /> of paired 1/1 double-hung sash with transom lights,one 2/1 single- n/a <br /> light fixed-pane window, with two transom lights, and two small <br /> 1/1 double-hung sash windows. All windows on the north Source of information: <br /> elevation have painted white wood frames and surrounds,and they n/a <br /> are predominantly covered with painted bright green dentil <br /> courses. Windows on the secondary elevations - to the east and <br /> south-are 1/1 double-hung sash, with painted white wood frames 27. Builder/ Contractor: <br /> and surrounds and wood cornices. Two service entrances are unknown <br /> located on the east elevation. The first of these is a painted white <br /> solid wood door, with a painted white wood screen door, which Source of information: <br /> iii <br /> opens onto seven non-original wood steps. Above this door, a n/a <br /> painted blue vertical wood plank door, side hinged with metal <br /> strap hinges, is no longer in use. The other service entrance, <br /> located near the south end of the east elevation, is comprised of a 28. Original owner: <br /> painted blue solid wood door. • E.J. "Nick" DiFrancia <br /> 29.Construction History (include description and dates of major additions, Source of information: <br /> alterations, or demolitions: Mehls, Steven. Colorado Historical <br /> Sanborn insurance maps indicate that this lot was first developed Society, Historic Building Inventory <br /> in the years prior to 1893. The 1893 and 1900 Sanborn maps Record, 7/28/1985. <br /> both depict a wood frame dwelling at this location. The 1908 <br /> Sanborn map provides evidence that the extant building was 30. Original location: yes <br /> constructed between 1900 and 1908. Boulder County Assessor • <br /> • Moved no <br /> records list 1906 as the building's date of construction. There Date of move(s) n/a <br /> have been no subsequent additions. ii <br />