My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
613 Jefferson Ave Historic Survey
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
HISTORIC SURVEY INFORMATION
>
Jefferson Ave Historic Surveys
>
613 Jefferson Ave Historic Survey
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
1/18/2024 12:41:02 PM
Creation date
7/11/2018 3:01:20 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Jefferson Place
Property Address Number
613
Property Address Street Name
Jefferson
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
14
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Resource Number: 5BL 11289 <br /> Temporary Resource Number: 157508434005 <br /> Source of information: NA <br /> 27. Builder/Contractor: Unknown <br /> Source of information: NA <br /> 28. Original owner: August Warembourg Jr. <br /> Source of information: Boulder County <br /> 29. Construction history (include description and dates of major additions, alterations, or demolition <br /> The building was constructed in 1905. At least until 1948, it had horizontal wood siding, a screened porch in <br /> the southeast corner, a large pair of divided-light windows on the north half of the east façade, and a pair of <br /> wood sash windows on the north elevation. The northern of these two windows still exists. In 1955, the siding <br /> was replaced, the front entrance gable was built, the southeast screened porch was filled in with permanent <br /> windows and aluminum slider windows were added to the north and east sides. A bathroom was added and a <br /> partial basement, with a covered entrance in the back. The 1948 Boulder County Assessor's card only <br /> mentions one outbuilding, a 14x22 garage made of used materials. This size corresponds with the smaller <br /> shed on the property, but the garage, which looks old, is larger. The garage may have been moved onto the <br /> property from elsewhere. A 2006 demolition permit for the entire house is on file, but does not appear to have <br /> been utilized. <br /> 30. Original location X Moved Date of move(s): <br /> V. HISTORICAL ASSOCIATIONS <br /> 31. Original use(s): Domestic, Single Dwelling <br /> 32. Intermediate use(s): N/A <br /> 33. Current use(s): Domestic, Single Dwelling <br /> 34. Site type(s): Urban residence <br /> 35. Historical background: <br /> This building is part of Jefferson Place, the first residential subdivision in Louisville. <br /> This property at 613 Jefferson has a connected history with that of 615 Jefferson (5BL11290) and has had several <br /> different owners, with the longest periods of ownership being by the Baima family of Italy for 25 years and the Sahm <br /> family for 41 years. <br /> In 1898, Jefferson Place developer Charles Welch conveyed twenty-nine different lots in Jefferson Place to a Denver <br /> lawyer, Harper Orahood, apparently for Orahood to resell. The lots for this parcel were among these properties. <br /> Orahood conveyed 613 Jefferson to August Warembourg Jr. by a deed that was recorded in 1903. <br /> Boulder County gives 1905 as the year of construction for this property. Although the dates given by Boulder County <br /> have sometimes been found to be in error with respect to historic buildings in Louisville, for this particular house <br /> there was no other evidence found that could help prove or disprove this date. The property in question is outside of <br /> the boundaries of the Sanborn Maps that were done for Louisville in 1893, 1900, and 1908 (they focused on the <br /> downtown business district and La Farge Avenue only). The house does appear in the correct location on the 1909 <br /> Drumm's Wall Map of Louisville. <br /> Warembourg's wife, Fannie LeComte Warembourg, was the daughter of August LeComte Sr. and Louise Helart <br /> LeComte who lived across the street at 612 Jefferson (5BL11288), and the Warembourgs and LeComtes were also <br /> related to Louise Wattelet Kilhoffer who owned 620 Jefferson (5BL11292). There were several intermarriages <br /> between these French families with the surnames of Warembourg, LeComte, Helart, and Wattelet. <br /> August Warembourg, Jr. (1874-1930), who would end up owning this property for 15 years, was a French miner and <br /> farmer. According to a Warembourg family history, he, his wife, Fannie LeComte (1882-1967), and their three <br /> 3 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.