Laserfiche WebLink
Resource Number: 5BL7982 <br />Temporary Resource Number: N/A Architectural Inventory Form <br />(Page 2 of 5) <br />21. General Architectural Description <br />The Mastriona house is a single -story, wood -frame residence <br />supported by a low concrete foundation. A small planted grass <br />front yard to the east is open, while a larger backyard to the west <br />is enclosed by a chain link fence. The house's exterior walls are <br />cladded with non -original, white and pale green, horizontal <br />aluminum siding. The original roof is hipped, with boxed flared <br />eaves, and is covered with red asphalt shingles. A large, 20' by <br />16' gabled addition to the original building's west (rear) elevation, <br />predates 1950. The residence's windows, most of which have been <br />altered from their original appearance, include 1xl horizontal <br />sliders, and 2-light fixed -panes, set in metal frames. Windows on <br />the east and south elevations have decorative wood shutters. The <br />house's primary entrance is located on the east elevation (facade), <br />where a painted white wood -paneled door, with a white metal <br />storm door, opens onto a concrete porch. The porch covers nearly <br />the entire length of the facade, and is covered by a hipped roof <br />with black wrought iron supports. Located on the west elevation, <br />the building's rear entrance is comprised of a wood -paneled door, <br />with a painted black wood screen door, which opens onto a <br />concrete patio. <br />A 20' by 22' Garage is located on the alley to the west of the <br />house. The garage rests on a concrete foundation, and has <br />narrow, painted white, horizontal wood siding exterior walls. The <br />garage roof is a moderately -pitched front gable, with rolled grey <br />asphalt roofing material, over lx wood decking and 2x wood <br />rafters, with fascia. The building is no longer in use as a garage, <br />as the garage doors on the west elevation have been replaced with <br />painted white plywood sheets. A single, painted black, solid wood <br />door is located at the east end of the south elevation. A single <br />window opening is located on the south elevation. <br />Built onto the garage's east elevation is a 10' by 12' Chicken <br />House. Presently used for storage, this small building features <br />painted white horizontal weatherboard walls, and a shed roof with <br />rolled green asphalt roofing material, over lx wood decking and <br />2x wood rafters. A plywood door, side hinged with metal strap <br />hinges, is located on the south elevation. <br />29.Construction History (include description and dates of major additions, <br />alterations, or demolitions: <br />Boulder County Assessor records list 1900 as this house's date of <br />construction. Sanborn insurance maps provide evidence that a <br />residence existed here as early as 1893. The 1893, 1900, and <br />1908 Sanborn maps all depict an L-shaped dwelling here. Two <br />gabled additions to the building's west (rear) elevation predate the <br />1960s. <br />23. Landscape or setting special features: <br />This property is located on the west side of <br />LaFarge Avenue, west of downtown, in <br />Louisville's oldest residential neighborhood. <br />24. Associated buildings, features, or objects <br />Garage, Chicken House <br />IV. ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY <br />25. Date of Construction: <br />Estimate ca. 1890 <br />Actual <br />Source of information: <br />Sanborn map, 1893 <br />26. Architect: <br />unknown <br />Source of information: <br />nia <br />27. Builder/ Contractor: <br />unknown <br />Source of information: <br />nla <br />28. Original owner: <br />Joseph Winkler family (probably) <br />Source of information: <br />Boulder County Directories <br />30. Original location: <br />Moved <br />Date of move(s) <br />yes <br />no <br />nla <br />1 <br />1 <br />4 <br />