My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
517 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
517 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:54 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 8:42:54 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Acme Place
Property Address Number
517
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
11/15/2018
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
5
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />March 2014 <br />Cityqr <br />Louisville <br />COLORADO .SINCE 1878 <br />517 Lincoln Ave. History <br />Legal Description: Lots 13-17, Block 5, Acme Place Addition, Louisville, Colorado <br />Year of Construction: 1896 <br />Summary: This house is believed to have been constructed in 1896 and was later remodeled. <br />The remodel is believed to have been done in the early 1960s, based on photographic evidence <br />from the Boulder County Assessor. It was the home of the George and Delphia Seeley family for <br />35 years. (Evidence of what happened to a second house that historically was on the property <br />could not be located.) <br />Development of the Acme Place Addition <br />In 1893, John Connell, who had helped to establish the Acme Mine at what is now the corner of <br />Roosevelt and Hutchinson, platted the residential subdivision of Acme Place. It covered what <br />are now the 500 blocks of Lincoln, Grant, Jefferson, and La Farge Avenues. The Acme Place <br />subdivision was only the fourth addition to Original Louisville and was likely developed due to <br />its proximity to the Acme Mine that was started in 1888. The 1909 Drumm's Wall Map of <br />Louisville shows that the 500 blocks of Lincoln and Grant were well populated with houses by <br />1909, but the 500 blocks of Jefferson and La Farge, which were located quite close to the mine <br />and parts of which were within the fenced enclosure, had few houses at that time. Boulder <br />County Property records indicate that the land that Connell used to establish Acme Place had <br />been acquired directly from the Acme Coal Mining Company. <br />Earliest Owners; Discussion of Date of Construction <br />In 1895, Minnie A. Chambers acquired the northern section of this parcel (Lots 13 and 14) from <br />developer John Connell. These are the lots on which the current historical house at 517 Lincoln <br />was constructed. Her husband, George Chambers, is listed in a later Louisville directory as <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.