My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
625 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
625 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:54 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 8:42:58 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Pleasant Hill Addition
Property Address Number
625
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
11/15/2018
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
4
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />August 2016 <br />La <br />City0r <br />Louisville <br />COLORADO • SINCE 1878 <br />625 Lincoln Avenue History <br />Legal Description: Originally: Lots 3-4, Block 10 Pleasant Hill Addition <br />Now: Lot 2, Schmidt Subdivision <br />Year of Construction: circa 1902 <br />Summary: 625 Lincoln was the home of the Bittner family in the early 1900s. For about 20 years <br />in the mid-1900s, it was associated with members of Louisville's French community. For a <br />period of about four years from 2003 to 2007, it was physically connected with a passageway to <br />the historic house next door to it at 637 Lincoln. <br />Development of the Pleasant Hill Addition; Date of Construction <br />The subdivision in which this house is located, Pleasant Hill Addition, was platted in 1894. It was <br />developed by Orrin Welch, the half-brother of Charles C. Welch, the man who started the <br />Welch Mine and played a prominent role in the founding of Louisville. <br />The Boulder County Assessor's website and the 1948 Boulder County Assessor card both give <br />1902 as the date of construction of this house. Boulder County has sometimes been in error <br />with respect to the dates of construction of Louisville buildings, so other evidence is looked to. <br />In this case, the year given is very specific (unlike many other estimated dates given for <br />Louisville houses such as "1900" or "1910"). The house is shown in the 1909 Drumm's Wall Map <br />of Louisville, confirming that it was standing by 1909. There is a lack of evidence on which to <br />base a specific conclusion that the house was built in a different year. Also, deeds in the early <br />1900s were sometimes recorded months or years after they were dated. For these reasons, <br />"circa 1902" will be used as an estimated date of construction. <br />Charles F. Wolfer Ownership, to c. 1905 <br />By deeds recorded in the year 1904, but which may have been drawn up earlier, Charles F. <br />Wolfer acquired these lots in two transactions. Wolfer was the town doctor who also engaged <br />in many real estate transactions in Louisville. <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.