My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
637 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
637 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:15 PM
Creation date
2/19/2021 1:54:03 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Schmidt
Property Address Number
637
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
2/19/2021
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
6
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
1 <br /> <br />Bridget Bacon <br />Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />February 2021 <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />637 Lincoln Avenue History <br /> <br />Legal Description: Originally: Lots 1-2, Block 10 Pleasant Hill Addition <br /> Now: Lot 1, Schmidt Subdivision <br /> <br />Year of Construction: 1904 <br /> <br />Summary: 637 Lincoln was the home to three different families over a period of more than 80 <br />years: the Carveth family, the Alps family, and the Fauson family. For a period of about four <br />years from 2003 to 2007, it was physically connected with a passageway to the historic house <br />next door to it at 625 Lincoln. (The Museum prepared a history of 625 Lincoln in 2016 and it is <br />accessible on the City of Louisville website.) <br /> <br />Development of the Pleasant Hill Addition; Date of Construction <br /> <br />The subdivision in which this house is located, the Pleasant Hill Addition, was platted in 1894. <br />The subdivision was developed in the name of Orrin Welch, the half-brother of Charles C. <br />Welch. Charles Welch was the person most responsible for the establishment of Louisville in <br />1878 after he established the first coal mine in this area in 1877. Orrin Welch is not known to <br />have ever lived in Colorado, and it is Charles C. Welch who is thought to have been the de facto <br />developer. <br /> <br />Charles F. Wolfer Ownership & Development, 1903-1905; Discussion of Date of Construction <br /> <br />In 1903, Charles F. Wolfer acquired these lots from Orrin Welch as well as four other nearby <br />lots at an average cost of just over $60 each (according to the deed), and a few months later <br />acquired four more. Wolfer was the town doctor who was also a real estate developer in <br />Louisville. <br /> <br />The Boulder County Assessor’s website and the 1948 Boulder County Assessor card both give <br />1900 as the date of construction of this house. Boulder County has sometimes been in error <br />with respect to the dates of construction of Louisville buildings, so other evidence is looked to.
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.