Laserfiche WebLink
1 <br /> <br /> <br />Bridget Bacon <br />Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />January 2021 <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />832 Parkview, Louisville, Colorado <br /> <br />Legal Description: LOTS 3 & 4 BLK 1 MURPHY PLACE & PT VAC ABANDONED ACME MINE SPUR <br />ADJ ORD 1161 <br /> <br />Year of Construction: 1935 <br /> <br />Summary: Otto Schreiter built 832 Parkview, located in Louisville’s Frenchtown neighborhood, <br />in about 1935 following the closure of the nearby Acme Mine and leveling of the Acme Mine <br />Dump. It was then the longtime residence of the Schreiter family. <br /> <br />History of Murphy Place Subdivision <br /> <br />Peter F. Murphy platted the subdivision of Murphy Place in 1907. He did so as President of the <br />Louisville Realty & Securities Company. It became the location of Louisville’s Frenchtown <br />neighborhood, described in the lead article of the Spring 2016 issue of the Louisville Historian, <br />“Being French in Louisville,” located here: <br />https://www.louisvilleco.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=9908 . <br /> <br />Unger Ownership, 1909-1935 <br /> <br />In 1909, the Louisville Realty & Securities Company sold these lots, which are Lots 3 & 4 of Block <br />1, plus Lots 1 & 2, to W.F. Denton. A week later, Denton resold the lots to John Unger. <br /> <br />John Unger (1865-1944) was a carpenter who lived elsewhere in Louisville. He may have viewed <br />these lots as an investment. Because of the close proximity of the lots to the Acme Mine and <br />large Acme Mine Dump just to the north, they were likely in an undesirable location to build on <br />for a period of more than twenty years after he purchased them. <br /> <br />In the following excerpt from the 1909 Drumm’s Wall Map of Louisville, Lots 1-4 that John <br />Unger owned are seen in the center. The Acme Mine and Acme Mine Dump are just to the <br />north, and the railroad tracks going to the Acme Mine were right next to the parcel. “Second <br />St.” is today’s Main Street.