My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
834 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
834 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:15 PM
Creation date
2/19/2021 2:01:19 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Pleasant Hill Addition
Property Address Number
834
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
2/19/2021
Text box
ID:
1
Creator:
Created:
2/19/2021 2:01 PM
Modified:
2/19/2021 2:01 PM
Text:
https://www.louisvilleco.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=1114
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
4
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
1 <br /> <br /> <br />Bridget Bacon <br />Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />January 2021 <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />834 Lincoln Ave., Louisville, Colorado <br /> <br />Legal Description: Lots 17 & 18, Block 5, Pleasant Hill Addition <br /> <br />Year of Construction: 1950 <br /> <br />Summary: In 1961, Howard and Mary Ann Pollock relocated this house from Denver to <br />Howard’s grandparents’ former property located at 834 Lincoln. In doing so, they were carrying <br />on a long tradition in the Louisville area of moving buildings. (See “Here Today and There <br />Tomorrow: Louisville and Its History of Relocating Buildings” in the Fall 2011 issue of the <br />Louisville Historian, https://www.louisvilleco.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=1114 .) <br /> <br />History of Pleasant Hill Addition <br /> <br />The subdivision in which this house is located, Pleasant Hill Addition, was platted in 1894. The <br />subdivision was developed in the name of Orrin Welch, the half-brother of Charles C. Welch. <br />Charles Welch was the person most responsible for the establishment of Louisville in 1878 after <br />he established the first coal mine in this area in 1877. Orrin Welch is not known to have ever <br />lived in Colorado, and it is Charles C. Welch who is thought to have been the de facto <br />developer. <br /> <br />Earliest Parcel History <br /> <br />In 1906, owner Orrin Welch, through Charles C. Welch, conveyed ownership of many lots in the <br />Pleasant Hill subdivision to Jeanette (also spelled Jeannette) Welch, who was his wife. <br /> <br />In 1907, Jeanette Welch sold these lots to Eusebio Di Francia (also spelled Di Frangia in the <br />County records) (1863-1918). He was the prominent Louisville saloon owner who owned a <br />number of commercial and residential properties in Louisville. The 1909 Drumm’s Wall Map of <br />Louisville shows that a house had been built on the parcel at what is now 834 Lincoln. It is <br />believed that the Di Francia family rented it out. <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.