Laserfiche WebLink
Bridget Bacon, Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Cultural Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />October 2022 <br />ILZ city <br />Louisville <br />COLORADO • SINCE 1878 <br />555 County Rd. History <br />Legal Description: Lot 3, Parbois Place (Historically, however, this and contiguous properties <br />shared the more generic legal description of "Pt Sec 8 T 1S R69W et al.," using the <br />section/township/range description, because they were outside of the official boundaries of <br />Louisville.) <br />Date of Construction: This is an older house that was relocated in about 1947. The original <br />construction date is not known. <br />Summary: The available evidence indicates that Tom Milo moved the house from the Monarch <br />Mine camp to 555 County Rd. in 1947 as the Monarch Mine was closing. <br />Desire Parbois Ownership of Property <br />Several properties on S. Main Street and S. Front St. were (and some still are) part of the <br />"Parbois Tract" that Desire Parbois and his family owned. These properties were just north of <br />the Acme Mine dump in the middle of Main Street and the railroad spur that came off the main <br />railroad line to the west to service the Acme Mine, as seen in the following excerpt from the <br />1909 Drumm's Wall Map. (The angled lettering in the center of the image says "Parbois Tract.") <br />Historically, the Parbois Tract properties were not part of a traditional lot and block system like <br />what exists for most of Old Town Louisville. <br />1 <br />