My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
936 Parkview St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Parkview St Address Histories
>
936 Parkview St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:22 PM
Creation date
11/14/2018 2:35:29 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Murphy Place
Property Address Number
936
Property Address Street Name
Parkview
Quality Check
11/14/2018
Text box
ID:
1
Creator:
Created:
11/14/2018 2:35 PM
Modified:
11/14/2018 2:35 PM
Text:
http://library.louisvilleco.gov/Portals/1/pdf/Louisville%20Historian/2011-4_Fall.pdf
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
4
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
resident, signed the document on behalf of the Boulder Valley Coal Co. The donated <br />Warranty Deed whereby Parkin purchased the lots at what is now 936 Parkview was <br />dated August 27, 1935, one day after the date of the Bill of Sale. <br />The Old Centennial Mine is believed to have been in operation from 1906 until 1931. <br />According to older Louisville residents, a mine camp with dwellings was connected with <br />this mine. In 1935, Fred Nesbit may well have still been selling assets of the Boulder <br />Valley Coal Co. located on the site, including buildings. <br />After reading the articles about Louisville's relocated buildings in the Fall 2011 issue of <br />The Louisville Historian <br />(http://library.louisvilleco.gov/Portals/1/pdf/Louisville%20Historian/2011-4 Fall.pdf ), <br />Parkin's daughter donated the documents to the Louisville Historical Museum. As a <br />result, the Museum has more documentation about the relocation of this house at 936 <br />Parkview than it does for that of any other relocated buildings in Louisville. The Bill of <br />Sale and Warranty Deed show the process that a person had to go through to separately <br />secure the land as well as the building to be moved. The fact that it was written into the <br />Bill of Sale that the house had to be moved within six months is a fascinating practical <br />detail. <br />Another piece of evidence confirms that this was a relocated building. The Boulder <br />County Assessor card for this address states that the house was "moved in from <br />Centennial." <br />When Richard Parkin purchased the lots in 1935, he bought them from Josephine <br />Senechal Warembourg. Her parents, Francois Senechal and Josephine Helart Senechal, <br />had purchased these and additional lots located in the Louisville neighborhood known <br />as Frenchtown in 1928. The Senechals were immigrants from France who came to <br />Boulder County in about 1888, according to Josephine Senechal's obituary. Previous to <br />living on Parkview, they had lived elsewhere in Louisville. Francois was a coal miner. <br />Records show that the Senechals lived at 948 Parkview, and Lots 9 and 10 were empty <br />lots to the west of their house. In 1931, Francois and Josephine Senechal gave or sold <br />Lots 9 and 10 to their daughter, who then sold them to Richard Parkin. The 1940 census <br />records show the Parkin family to be living at 936 Parkview and the Senechals to be <br />living next door at 948 Parkview. <br />Often, there is a lack of evidence of the date of construction for relocated buildings. <br />When buildings were moved from their original locations, information about who built <br />them, and when, tended to be lost. In addition, the dates given by the County for <br />historic houses in Louisville in general have frequently been found to be in error. In the <br />case of 936 Parkview, the County gives two different dates for when it was constructed. <br />Currently, the County website gives 1920 as the date of construction. However, the <br />1948 County Assessor card gives the year 1928 as the year of construction. This could <br />have been based on information from the then -owner or a neighbor, who may not have <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.