Laserfiche WebLink
been in a position in 1948 to know the exact date of construction of a relocated house. <br />It is not known why the County has two different dates of construction for this house. <br />Considering that 1928 was only three years before the Old Centennial Mine closed, it <br />would seem that 1920 is the more logical year of construction of the two. An even <br />earlier date of construction can't be ruled out. <br />Parkin Family Ownership and Residency, 1935-1998 <br />Richard Parkin (1895-1982) was born in Colorado and was a longtime resident of the <br />Superior, Erie, and Louisville area. He worked as a coal miner. In 1921, he married Mary <br />Jane Nixon (1902-1996), who had been born in England and had come to Louisville with <br />her father as a young child. <br />Although the Parkins mostly lived in Louisville, census records show that in 1930 and <br />early 1935, they lived in Washington State. Richard Parkin worked as a coal miner there. <br />His purchase of 936 Parkview may well have taken place due to the family moving back <br />to Louisville and needing a house in which to live. <br />The 1940 census shows Richard and Mary Jane Parkin and two of their three daughters, <br />Dorothy and Dixie, to be living at 936 Parkview. Parkin is listed as owning the house. The <br />census also appears to show that the Arroyas family, consisting of Jess and Jennie and <br />children Francis, Johnnie, and Virginia, were renters on the property at 936 Parkview at <br />that time. <br />The following photo shows the house as it appeared on the 1948 Boulder County <br />Assessor card: <br />