My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
536 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
536 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:59 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:34:14 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Parbois Place
Property Address Number
536
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
3
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />March 2006; updated September 2014 <br />IU Cityof <br />Om Louisville <br />COLORADO • SINCE 1878 <br />History of 536 Main St., Louisville, CO <br />With emphasis on Romano/Leach family ownership <br />Year of Construction: circa 1908 <br />Desire Parbois & Development of the Parbois Addition <br />Several properties on South Main Street make up what is called the Parbois Addition. Desire <br />Parbois (1861-1933) was born in France and came to the U.S. in 1888. He was a coal miner and <br />farmer. He and his wife, Josephine (who was also from France) had several children who <br />married into other Louisville families. In the early 1900s, according to County records, Parbois <br />sold numerous properties on South Main Street and presumably these properties are what <br />make up the Parbois Addition. These properties were very near to the Acme Mine and <br />particularly its mine dump, which was in the middle of Main Street by what is now the Elks Club <br />parking lot. <br />In terms of the date of construction, the 1948 County Assessor card for this property suggests <br />that the house was constructed in circa 1908. <br />In 1913, Desire Parbois sold this property to Joseph and Santina Montacelli. <br />Romano/Leach Family Ownership <br />Members of the Romano/Leach family have owned this property for many decades. However, it <br />it is difficult to tell exactly when Dominic Romano and Maria Veneranda Romano first acquired <br />it. It appears that Dominic and Maria Romano owned the property at issue starting in 1923, <br />when they acquired it from Joseph and Santina Montacelli, who had acquired it from Desire <br />Parbois in 1913. The available directories support that it was in the mid-1920s that the family <br />purchased it and began living in it. The 1926 directory was the first directory to list the Romano <br />family as living in this location. (The family had been living in Denver at the time of the 1920 <br />census.) <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.