My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
701 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
701 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:59 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:34:26 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
701
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
12
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
the property records indicate that it was not owned by a mining company until after the <br />building was condemned due to subsidence. The 2000 Historical Survey states that "the <br />Miners Trading Company was Louisville foremost business which supplied equipment <br />for the coal mining industry," but this statement could not be confirmed. The Sanborn <br />maps indicate a general merchandise store at this location. <br />The second floor of this brick building was used as an IOOF (Independent Order of the <br />Odd Fellows) Lodge Hall, as indicated on both the 1893 and 1900 Sanborn Maps. <br />Photo 3 shows a close-up of what is believed to be the front of this building with a boys' <br />band. <br />Photo 3, Louisville Historical Museum <br />The last Sanborn Map for Louisville, made in 1908, indicates that there was in 1908 a <br />restaurant along the south side of the building. <br />Photo 4 gives the overall setting on Main Street for this building, which appears on the <br />left, and shows the Town Hall located just to the north of it and the picket fence in front <br />of the Austin-Niehoff House (now the Parks & Recreation Department for the City of <br />Louisville) just beyond. The current building at 700 Main (the Huckleberry Restaurant) <br />had not yet replaced the building shown in the photo. <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.