My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
927 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
927 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:59 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:35:50 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
927
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
9
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />January 2012 <br />ILZ Cityof <br />Louisville <br />COLORA DO • SINCE 187S <br />927 Main St. History <br />Legal Description: South 1/2 Lot 2, Block 5, Original Louisville <br />Year of Construction: circa 1900; exact year of construction not known at this time <br />Previous Addresses of this Property: 432 Second Street (Second being the former name <br />of Main Street); 436 Main; 422 Main (under Louisville's old address system that ended <br />in the late 1930s); 925 Main; 921 Main; 929 Main <br />Summary: William Pearson, a Scotsman, had a jeweler and watchmaker business at this <br />location in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and the Pearson family also lived there. From <br />the early 1920s until the 1930s, the building was used for a few different Italian <br />groceries and was also a residence. For many years from the 1950s to the 1990s, a <br />laundromat was located at 927 Main. <br />Earliest Ownership; Date of Construction <br />The Boulder County Assessor gives two different dates for when this building might have <br />been constructed. The County Assessor card for 927 Main, which dates from 1948, <br />states that it was constructed in 1900, while the County website indicates that it was <br />constructed in 1925. The County has sometimes been found to be in error with respect <br />to the construction dates of historic buildings in Louisville. It is very possible that the <br />1900 date was an estimate by the County and that the 1925 date was actually the date <br />of a remodel. The exact year of construction is not known at this time. <br />Looking back at the earliest ownership of this property, Louis Nawatny sold Lot 2 to <br />Thomas Knight in 1879, one year after the establishment of Louisville in 1878. John <br />Harris purchased it in 1880. The identities of the owners between 1880 and 1885 could <br />not be located. In 1885, Henry Cope acquired the property through a public treasurer's <br />deed. In 1890, Henry Cope sold Lot 2 to Pascal James and Pietro James, who were <br />Italian -born brothers (the original name being DiGiacomo) who were among the first <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.