My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
927 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
927 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:59 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:35:50 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
927
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
9
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
These somewhat crude building outlines suggest that in at least 1908 and 1909, there <br />were two small buildings, one in front of the other, at this location. Since it appears that <br />there were both a jewelry business and the Pearson residence at 927 Main at that time, <br />it is possible that the store was primarily in the front and the residence consisted <br />primarily of the building behind. If so, the buildings were clearly remodeled at some <br />point, as there is just one main structure at 927 Main today. An examination of the <br />building itself could reveal whether the current building is made up of two structures <br />that were attached to one another. Since the County website indicates the year 1925 as <br />a significant date in the history of the building, perhaps it was remodeled that year. <br />William Pearson Ownership, 1896-1918 <br />William Pearson purchased the south half of Lot 2, Block 5 from Mary James in 1896 and <br />used it for his jewelry and watchmaker business. The 1896 directory for Louisville shows <br />that he was already in business in 1896, and he did not own any other real property in <br />Louisville, so it seems very likely that his business was at this location (though it is <br />unclear whether the building that was there in 1896 is the same as the current building). <br />The 1903 Louisville directory shows that Pearson was also an "oculist," or eye specialist, <br />in addition to having a jewelry business, and the 1909 directory lists him as also being an <br />"optician."This is probably an indication that he also sold eyeglasses. The following is an <br />advertisement for Pearson's business from the 1909 Louisville directory: <br />LUU1SVILL. <br />r <br />_;tJLVELBJIV <br />WM. PEAI SON <br />WATCHMAKER, JEWELER AND OPTICIAN <br />LOUISVILLE, COLORADO <br />William, his wife Mary, and their daughter, Mamie, also resided at 927 Main. William <br />had been born in Scotland in 1840, while Mary had been born in England in 1841. They <br />married in about 1881 and came to the U.S. Their only child, Mamie, was born in 1883. <br />The federal census records for both 1900 and 1910 show the Pearsons to be living at <br />what is very likely this location. <br />Mamie Pearson became a teacher in the Louisville school and continued to live at home. <br />In circa 1915, she married Isaac Vogan. <br />William Pearson continued to work as a jeweler at 927 Main until he was about 76 years <br />old, as the 1916 directory shows that he was still working and living at 927 Main. The <br />1918 directory, however, lists only his residence and not a business as being at what is <br />today 927 Main. The 1920 census shows William and Mary Pearson moved away from <br />3 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.