Laserfiche WebLink
after his death. <br />Mihevc Family, 1936-1974 <br />The Frank and Mary Mihevc family owned this house and lived here from 1936 to 1974 (the longest <br />single period of time for this house for ownership and residency by one family). Directories also show <br />Mihevc family members living here. <br />Records indicate that Frank Mihevc (1891-1974) and Mary Softich Mihevc (1902-1971) were both born <br />in what is now Slovenia and were part of Louisville's Slovene community (Slovenia being situated <br />between Italy and Austria and next to Croatia). They were married in New Mexico and came to <br />Louisville in 1931. Frank Mihevc worked as a coal miner and, after the local mines closed, as a <br />carpenter. They were active in the St. Louis Catholic Church and the Slovene National Benefit Society. <br />They had five children: Frank Jr., Albert, Victoria, Katherine, and Mary. <br />The 1948 County Assessor card noted the existence of a garage on the property with the dimensions <br />of (it appears from the handwriting) 20 x 21 feet. The handwriting on the card states that the walls <br />were of concrete, the floor of cement, and the roof of asphalt shingles. No other specific information <br />about the garage or its age could be located for this report. <br />The following photo from the County Assessor card shows the house in 1948: <br />Later Owners <br />Later owners, going up to 2002, were Wade and Elizabeth Payne; Carl and Nancy Hunt; and Theresa <br />Vanderson. <br />The preceding research is based on a review of relevant and available online County property records, census <br />records, oral history interviews, Louisville directories, and Louisville Historical Museum maps, files, obituary <br />records, and historical photographs from the collection of the Louisville Historical Museum. <br />