My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
824 South St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
South St Address Histories
>
824 South St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:59:57 PM
Creation date
11/21/2018 9:19:59 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
824
Property Address Street Name
South
Quality Check
11/21/2018
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
3
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
The implication of this statement is that the current building was built after Rome <br />Perrella purchased the property in 1929, although this contradicts the records of the <br />Boulder County Assessor's Office. <br />Early Owners <br />This lot is part of the original "Plat of the Town of Louisville" registered by Louis <br />Nawatny in 1878. Nawatny sold the property in 1880. Early owners included Elijah or <br />Elizah Auld, Alexander Paterson, Mary Ann Taylor, and the Purdy family. Possibly due to <br />variations in the spellings of names in the online Boulder County property records, the <br />owner or owners between 1883 and 1891 could not be determined. <br />In 1891, Pietro and Pascal James purchased the property in what was among the earliest <br />property transactions by Italian immigrants in Louisville (notwithstanding their <br />Americanized surname). <br />Youk Family (Ownership 1896-1929) <br />The James men sold the property in 1896 to Joseph Youk. Joseph and Barbara Youk had <br />emigrated from Austria in 1880 and had come directly to Louisville. Joseph was a coal <br />miner and coal mine owner. They and their daughters made their home on this <br />property, likely in a building on the east side facing Main Street. No photos of the Youk <br />house have been located. The Youks passed away in 1919 and 1921, and their married <br />daughters (Frona Wardle, Rose Close, and Mary Alex) jointly sold the property in 1929 to <br />Rome Perrella. <br />Perrella Family (Ownership 1929-1995) <br />Achille Romeo "Rome" Perrella married Jennie Guenzi in 1920 and acquired the <br />property in 1929. <br />Jennie was the Colorado -born daughter of Italian immigrants. She grew up in a house on <br />Main Street in Louisville. According to her obituary, she worked for the telephone <br />company for many years and became manager of the Louisville exchange. <br />Rome was born in Italy in 1897 and emigrated to the US in 1907, settling in Louisville <br />with his family. According to his 1994 obituary, he had to quit school at the age of 12 <br />and go to work in the coal mines because his father had been severely injured in a mine. <br />As an adult, he became a businessman. A bicycle repair business led to the Perrella <br />Rubber Tire Works, which became the Perrella Motor Company and included a Ford <br />dealership. That 1920s business was located on Main Street at the current site of Chase <br />Bank. In later years, Rome Perrella reportedly became a part owner of the Hi -Way Mine <br />and had a career with the US Employment Service. <br />2 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.