Laserfiche WebLink
The following photo from the Jacoe family shows Frank Jacoe by a car outside of the former <br />Fischer Carpentry Shop that became the Jacoe residence, and the next photo labeled "Jacoe's <br />Place" shows a fuller picture of the rear of the same building (looking from Main St.). <br />The next residential directory after the Jacoe brothers purchased the Fischer property, which is <br />the one for 1916, gives the address of 215 Short for Eliseo and Annie Jacoe and Frank Jacoe. <br />Eliseo and Annie's son, Pasqual (who had been born in November 1913), would have been part <br />of the household as well. The other Jacoe brother, Robert, was also listed in the 1916 directory <br />with the same address. For Eliseo and Frank and their families, this remained their address for a <br />long time, and this also appears to have been the makeup of the household for several years <br />(except for Robert, who moved nearby). Records show that the address of 215 Short was also <br />the address of the property until well after the new house (the current structure) was built.' <br />1 1109 Main was constructed next to 1101 Main on the same parcel that the Fischers had owned. The County's <br />date for the construction of 1109 Main is 1908. The accuracy of this date has not been researched. If the Fischers <br />did construct a dwelling at 1109 Main in 1908, it is not out of the question that the Jacoes may have resided there <br />at some point. However, the fact that their address was on Short Street, along with the photographic evidence of <br />4 <br />