Laserfiche WebLink
In 1909, Fischer sold all of the lots, 1, 2, 3, and 4, to brothers Eliseo Jacoe and Marcello "Frank" <br />Jacoe. (Despite photographic evidence showing the existence of the Fischer Carpentry Shop in <br />this location, the building is not shown on the 1909 Drumm's Wall Map of Louisville, for <br />unknown reasons.) <br />Jacoe Family Ownership, 1909-1954 <br />Brothers Eliseo Jacoe (1881-1958) and Marcello "Frank" Jacoe (1884-1972) purchased Lots 1, 2, <br />3, and 4 in 1909. By all accounts, they soon began to use the existing Fischer Carpentry Shop as <br />a residence, although their listing in the 1910 census records is not clear with respect to the <br />exact location of their home in that year. <br />Eliseo and Frank were born in Grimaldi, province of Cosenza, region of Calabria, Italy and came <br />to the U.S., Frank in about 1900 and Eliseo in 1901. Another brother, Robert, and a sister, <br />Josephine, also settled in Louisville. <br />In February 1913, Eliseo married Anna "Annie" Jordinelli (1891-1954). She was born in Marshall, <br />Colorado to parents who had been born in Italy. She grew up right behind 1101 Main, at 1100 <br />La Farge. (Her home, the Jordinelli House, was later moved to the Louisville Historical Museum <br />campus.) They may have met due to living next to one another. The following photo is their <br />wedding photo with Frank Jacoe (Eliseo's brother) and Katie Jordinelli (Annie's sister and <br />Frank's future wife), standing behind them on the left, and Robert (Eliseo's other brother) with <br />his future wife, Mary Dionigi, standing behind them on the right. <br />3 <br />