My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
1116 Jefferson Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Jefferson Ave Address Histories
>
1116 Jefferson Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:51:27 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 2:23:54 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Capitol Hill Addition
Property Address Number
1116
Property Address Street Name
Jefferson
Quality Check
11/15/2018
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
4
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />March 2009; updated April 2012 <br />LCityof <br />Louisville <br />COLORADO • SINCE 1878 <br />1116 Jefferson Ave. <br />According to the Boulder County Assessor's website, the property at 1116 Jefferson Ave. occupies <br />Lots 5-6, Block 8 of the Capitol Hill Addition in Louisville. The County Assessor's records state that the <br />house was built in 1900, and it is believed to have been built in 1900-1906 (see discussion below). The <br />house appears in the correct location on the 1909 Drumm's Wall Map of Louisville at the Museum. <br />Elberson & Williams (Capitol Hill Addition Developers) <br />J.C. Williams, who was a mine superintendent with the Rocky Mountain Fuel Company, and Irving <br />Elberson, who was a banker, were the developers of the Capitol Hill Addition. The plat for this <br />addition was filed with the County in 1904. <br />This house was very likely constructed in the period of 1900-1906. The County Assessor card <br />completed on this property in 1948 gives 1900 as the date of construction, but based on experience <br />with other properties in Louisville, this may have been an estimate. The year 1900 was before the <br />plat was filed with the County in 1904, but it is still possible that the 1900 date is correct based on the <br />fact that there are other examples of houses in Louisville that were built before the plat of the <br />subdivision where the houses were located was filed with the County. The next significant date is <br />1906, which is when the deed was recorded for the sale of the property by the developers to the next <br />owner. It is possible that the developers, Williams and Elberson, had the house built, or that it was <br />built by Lewis Tobey, who was the party who purchased it in 1906. <br />Lewis Tobev, 1906 to c. 1909-1910 <br />Lewis Tobey acquired the property from J.C. Williams and Irving Elberson, with the deed being <br />recorded in 1906. He was employed at different times at the Mercantile Trading Co. and as a mine <br />foreman. The fact that he seems to have had higher status than someone with the more typical job of <br />"coal miner" would fit with this subdivision being somewhat more upscale, and the location of the <br />house being in an attractive location near the top of the hill on Jefferson. <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.