My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
701 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
701 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:59 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:34:26 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
701
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
12
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />June 2010 <br />LCity>f <br />Louisville <br />COLORADO • SINCE 1878 <br />701 Main Street, Louisville, Colorado <br />According to the Boulder County Assessor's website, the property at 701 Main Street is <br />owned by 844 Main Street Associates LLC and occupies the south half of Lot 18, Lot 19, <br />and the north half of Lot 20, Block 5, in Original Louisville. <br />This site has been the location of a few different buildings since the late 1800s. Most <br />notably, it was the site of a large brick building in the late 1800s and early 1900s that <br />was called the Miners Trading Co. for at least part of its existence. It had to be <br />demolished due to subsidence caused by coal mining. This corner went from having the <br />largest, most imposing building in town, at a major intersection of Original Louisville, to <br />lying vacant for some time and then being the site of a service station and automotive <br />repair shop for decades. <br />Another major significance of this site is its ownership by the Colacci family, one of <br />Louisville's Italian families, for approximately 90 years. Mike Colacci apparently saw <br />potential in the vacant site and borrowed money to be able to afford the purchase and <br />start a business there. Some say that the Blue Parrot Restaurant was started in 1919 in <br />the building on this property. <br />The Louisville Town Hall and fire station were situated on the north part of this site (the <br />south half of Lot 18) for over fifty years. County records indicate that this half lot <br />became part of 701 Main in 1971, long after the Town Hall building had been <br />demolished. <br />Last, it should be noted that Boulder County Assessor records state that the current <br />structure was built in 1956, but sections of the current structure seems to have already <br />been present in the 1948 County Assessor's photo of the property. This issue is further <br />addressed below. <br />The Development of Original Louisville <br />Louis Nawatny platted Original Louisville in 1878 and named it after himself. Research of <br />early Louisville history has shown that Nawatny likely worked for Charles C. Welch, a <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.