My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
601 Lincoln Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Lincoln Ave Address Histories
>
601 Lincoln Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 2:56:15 PM
Creation date
2/19/2021 1:19:05 PM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Pleasant Hill Addition
Property Address Number
601
Property Address Street Name
Lincoln
Quality Check
2/19/2021
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
5
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
1 <br /> <br />Bridget Bacon <br />Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Library & Museum Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />July 2020 <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />601 Lincoln Avenue History <br /> <br />Legal Description: Lots 9 & 10, Block 10, Pleasant Hill Addition, Louisville, Colorado <br /> <br />Year of Construction: circa 1905 <br /> <br />Summary: The Dalby family owned this home for 70 years, from 1906 to 1976. George Dalby was a <br />partner in the Carveth Bros. & Dalby store, which was in what is today known as the State Mercantile <br />Building, and it became “Dalby’s” when his son, Joe, took it over in the 1940s. <br /> <br />Development of the Pleasant Hill Addition; Date of Construction <br /> <br />The subdivision in which this house is located, the Pleasant Hill Addition, was platted in 1894. The <br />subdivision was developed in the name of Orrin Welch, the half-brother of Charles C. Welch. Charles <br />Welch was the person most responsible for the establishment of Louisville in 1878 after he established <br />the first coal mine in this area in 1877. Orrin Welch is not known to have ever lived in Colorad o, and it is <br />Charles C. Welch who is thought to have been the de facto developer. <br /> <br />In 1903, Orrin Welch, through Charles C. Welch, transferred (in one transaction) seven lots on the west <br />side of Lincoln to Charles F. Wolfer, the Louisville real estate developer and doctor. The total amount <br />paid for the seven lots was $250, according to property deeds recorded with the Boulder County <br />Recorder’s Office. <br /> <br />In October 1904, Charles and Flora Wolfer sold Lots 9 and 10, which today make up 601 Lincoln, to Frank <br />Carveth for $140. In May 1906, Frank Carveth sold the same lots, 9 and 10, to his cousin, George Dalby, <br />for $1200. <br /> <br />The 1948 Boulder County Assessor card for this property and the Boulder County Assessor’s Office <br />website both give 1900 as the date of construction of this house. Boulder County is sometimes in error <br />with respect to the date of construction of Louisville buildings, so it’s important to look at all of the <br />evidence with respect to ascertaining the date of construction . <br /> <br />In this case, the evidence supplied by the property deeds that were recorded with Boulder County <br />suggests that the house was constructed in about 1905. When the subdivision developer sold the two
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.