My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
740 Grant Ave History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Grant Ave Address Histories
>
740 Grant Ave History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
9/21/2023 9:25:58 AM
Creation date
6/14/2023 8:17:11 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Pleasant Hill Addition
Property Address Number
740
Property Address Street Name
Grant
Quality Check
9/21/2023
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
5
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Bridget Bacon <br />Louisville Historical Museum <br />Department of Cultural Services <br />City of Louisville, Colorado <br />February 2022 <br />112 ity <br />Im Louisville <br />COLORADO - SINCE 1878 <br />740 Grant Ave. History <br />Legal Description: Lots 1-2, Block 7, Pleasant Hill Addition <br />Year of Construction: 1936 <br />Summary: The McLaughlin family relocated this house from Original Superior to their property <br />at 740 Grant in 1947. <br />Development of the Pleasant Hill Addition: The subdivision in which this house is located, <br />Pleasant Hill Addition, was platted in 1894. The subdivision was developed in the name of Orrin <br />Welch, the half-brother of Charles C. Welch. Charles Welch was the person most responsible for <br />the establishment of Louisville in 1878 after he established the first coal mine in what would <br />become Louisville in 1877. Orrin Welch is not known to have ever lived in Colorado, and it is <br />Charles C. Welch who is thought to have been the de facto developer. <br />History of the Property before the House <br />Records indicate that these lots where the house at 740 Grant is located today stood empty for <br />several decades after the Pleasant Hill Addition was platted. The early owners of the parcel <br />included Angelo Capra, the Inland Realty & Securities Co., the Lafayette Bank & Trust Co., <br />Edward Affolter, George Longmore, J.W. Dunlap, and Florence Dunlap. This photo from 1926 is <br />a view looking south from the northwest corner of the Louisville Grade School, where Memory <br />Square Park is now located. It shows the empty property. Spruce Street can be seen beyond the <br />school. 740 Grant would be in front of the house seen on the right of the photo. <br />1 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.