My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
1021 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
1021 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
12/20/2021 3:01:58 PM
Creation date
11/15/2018 9:33:49 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Barclay Place
Property Address Number
1021
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
11/15/2201
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
7
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
Tomeo was born in Italy in about 1872 and came to the US in about 1894. He constructed a house on <br />Lots 3 & 4 and lived there with his family. This house is now the Tomeo House located at the Louisville <br />Historical Museum and is just to the south of 1021 Main. <br />Pasqual Satriano Ownership and Discussion of Date of Construction <br />By a deed recorded in 1903, Pasqual Satriano purchased this property from Felix Tomeo. He is believed <br />to have been an immigrant from Italy. Other biographical information about him could not be located. <br />Satriano granted at least four deeds of trust (similar to mortgages) during the course of his ownership. <br />One of these was a deed of trust given to Irving Elberson of the Louisville Bank in 1911. In 1918, <br />ownership of 1021 Main was conveyed to the Louisville Bank through a Public Trustee's Certificate of <br />Purchase, likely pursuant to the terms of the deed of trust. This transaction suggests that Satriano <br />defaulted on the 1911 loan. <br />Boulder County online records and the 1948 County Assessor card both give 1908 as the date of <br />construction of this house. Boulder County has sometimes been in error with respect to the dates of <br />construction of houses in the area, so other evidence is looked to. The house is in the correct location on <br />the 1909 Drumm's Wall Map. The 2000 Architectural Inventory Form concluded that the year of <br />construction was 1908. In the absence of other evidence, the date of construction is estimated to be <br />"circa 1908." The reason for the house being somewhat grander than many other homes in Louisville <br />could not be determined. <br />Although tenants of a property can be hard to identify because rental arrangements were not recorded <br />by the County, in this case there is other evidence that points to there having been two likely tenants of <br />1021 Main during the ownership of the house by Pasqual Satriano: <br />J.A. Corrigan Residence at 1021 Main <br />A Louisville physician in the early 1900s was John A. Corrigan, who was born in Canada in 1880. <br />Records indicate that he obtained his medical license in 1905. The 1910 census records appear <br />to show Corrigan and his wife, Dorothy, and young son, Hugh, living as renters in what appears <br />to be the house at 1021 Main in between the Tomeo-owned household to the south and the <br />Staffieri-owned household to the north (at what is now 1029 Main). Interestingly, Corrigan also <br />was granted a deed of trust secured by the property at 1021 Main by Pasqual Satriano in 1907, <br />which gives him another connection to the property. (In 1909, the Denver Post reported on a <br />hearing before the state medical board of examiners on the charge brought against Dr. Corrigan <br />by a Louisville resident that he was habitually drunk and should have his license revoked.) <br />John Jordinelli Residence at 1021 Main <br />John Jordinelli was a Louisville saloonkeeper who likely was related to the other Jordinelli <br />families living in Louisville. The 1916 and 1918 Louisville directories list him as living at 522 <br />Second Street, which was the old address of 1021 Main. (522 Second St. was later the address <br />for Joseph DiSalvo's home at 1021 Main.) When Prohibition started in Colorado in 1916, John <br />Jordinelli briefly became a coal miner before leaving Louisville to move to Brighton, where he <br />started a pool hall that became a restaurant, Jordinelli's, that is still in existence. As with Dr. <br />2 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.