My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Home
Browse
Search
916 Main St History
PORTAL
>
HISTORICAL RECORDS (50.000)
>
ADDRESS HISTORIES
>
Main St Address Histories
>
916 Main St History
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
9/21/2023 9:28:11 AM
Creation date
6/14/2023 8:17:51 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
CITYWIDE
Doc Type
Historical Records
Subdivision Name
Louisville Town of
Property Address Number
916
Property Address Street Name
Main
Quality Check
9/21/2023
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
33
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
Show annotations
View images
View plain text
card for 916 Main next door on the same date of Sept. 9, 1948, but left off the year when <br />writing up the card. This is additional evidence that the building was constructed by 1948. <br />Also, the 1949 directory for Louisville states that John Madonna's occupation was "billiards," <br />and in December 1949, the Louisville Times listed the Bug Dust Pool Hall as being one of the <br />sponsors of a Christmas show. <br />The County giving the date of construction as being 1950 may be based on the Assessor filling <br />out the orange -colored card with the ground layout in 1950. <br />For these reasons, the year of construction is strongly believed to have been 1948. <br />The following photo is from the 1948 Boulder County Assessor card for 916 Main. On the far <br />left, the original Hutchinson -Clarkson -Hancock family home appears. The middle building shows <br />the building that would soon become Joe D'Amato's "Joe's Fruit Market." The building on the <br />right shows John Madonna's Bug Dust Pool Hall at 916 Main, with a sign already installed. <br />The 1948 Assessor card for 916 Main did not have a ground layout. The separate Assessor card <br />that does have the ground layout is dated 1950. <br />3 <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.